A leading oil and gas company required approval from the QLD Hazardous Industries and Chemicals Branch (HICB) to commence the operations of their facility.
In order to obtain approval, SSI was engaged to manage each stage of the safety case and present as a complete package to the HICB for approval. This process included:
- Management and internal approval of the quantitative risk assessment process
- Collating together the required design documentation
- Facilitation of workshops to identify all required HSSE standards and development of these HSSE Standards
- Development of the HSSE description for the Safety Case – HSSE Management Plan
- Review and approval of the Emergency Management Plan
- Development of the Security Management Plan – approved by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority
The oil and gas company received approval from the HICB for the Safety Case and operations were commenced.
The parent company commented that the HSSE Management Plan was the best they had ever seen and would become their new standard template for similar future projects internationally.